Tags: along, birth, cramps, drugs, ewcm, headaches, health, medications, mild, pregnancy, rise, temp, temps

Ewcm But No Temp Rise

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Pregnancy & Birth

2,568 words with 6 Comments; publish: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:32:00 GMT; (900140.63, « »)

Hello~ I had the EWCM, ALOT of it, the past week along with mild cramps and headaches. My temps are all over the place but are usually around 96.9 the past few days it's been 97.2-97.5 so I wouldn't really consider that a temp rise...?? Just confused if I did ovulate. Have any of you had the EWCM and not real temp rise and did ovulate??:confused:

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 6 Comments
    • Are you charting your temps on a fertility website? This can really help as the site will detect ovulation based on your temps and other fertile signs.

Using OPK's can also help predict ovulation.

#1; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:40:00 GMT
    • I really, really, really recommend that you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler or that you research some of the BBT charting info online. A .2 degree change is considered significant. It's important to be informed about charting so you know what you are looking at. :)

Best wishes!

#2; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:42:00 GMT
    • I did read that a 0.2 increase is considered a rise in temp but even with that it's only been 97.5 and I was just thinking that was to low...do some women just naturally have a lower body temp?
      #3; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:43:00 GMT
    • All women are very different when it comes to temperature. You said that most of your temperatures were near 96.9. That's probably your baseline temperature. So a rise to 97.2 is more than .2 and 97.5 is definitely higher! :)

Are you using a digital basal thermometer? Also, are you taking your temperature after at least 3 hours of consecutive sleep? Taking your temp first thing before you get out of bed? Do you place the thermometer under your tongue on the same side each time? These things can affect your temp.

Having a temp of 96.9 is a bit low in general. As long as you are temping correctly, I would not worry about it.

Good luck!

#4; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:44:00 GMT
    • thank you so much for the info.. I've always had a very low body temp. It seems instead of the typical 98.6 I was alway 97.6 or so...I guess I'll just go ahead and test on sunday. I've been having some symptoms and my temps have been between 96.9 and 97.2. The other thing is all this CM. I almost think that I'm about to ovulate because there is so much of it, sorry to be grose. ANyway thanks again
      #5; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:45:00 GMT
    • I would definately say that that's enough of a temperature change. I just started charting online this month, and it just told me this morning that I have ovulated. My temps were normally anywhere between 96.7 and 96.9, and the last 3 days they have gone up from 97.01 to 97.51. I didn't think that was a big deal, but the web site I go on says that ovulation occured.
      #6; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:46:00 GMT