Tags: addition, attendant, birth, causing, cramping, drugs, health, medications, mild, pants, pregnancy, spotting, tight, uterine

Am I crazy? Tight pants causing cramping?

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Pregnancy & Birth

4,093 words with 14 Comments; publish: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:19:00 GMT; (900109.38, « »)

All morning I was so worried because in addition to the spotting that's been going on for two weeks I had mild uterine cramping and attendant backache. Well, after lunch i decided my regular pre-pregnancy jeans (which were rather loose a few weeks ago) were just too uncomfortable and changed into nice stretchy yoga pants. Voila, discomfort stops. Within a few minutes.

How weird--or not weird--is that?

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 14 Comments
    • I'd go with not wierd... I know if I'm wearing pants that are too tight, even when I'm not pregnant, I get crampy and uncomfortable (not to mention bitchy, but that's probably another thread...)..

-Mindi

PS. Glad you're here still!

#1; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:05:00 GMT
    • I'd say it's definitely possible. I feel 'yucky' when I try to bend over or move in my jeans...so I ditched them already! LOL
      #2; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:06:00 GMT
    • Totally normal. I've given up my regular pants. I have one pair of looser low-waist pants left, then I'm going to have to break out the maternity...

-Angela

#3; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:07:00 GMT
    • OMG! I refuse to wear maternity pants at 8 weeks. I broke down and went and bought a couple pair of cotton pants cause my jeans were way uncomfortable.

We're going swimming tonight and I just realized I'm going to just look fat in my swimsuit.

#4; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:08:00 GMT
    • Years ago I found an article that discussed this condition. They called it "Tight Pants Syndrome." Honestly. I would get it once in a while too from the time I was a teenager on.
      #5; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:09:00 GMT
    • I remember seeing a news program last year or something about how all these young women wearing the really tight low-waisted pants were having nerve issues causing sciatica-like back pain... Cramps doesn't seem like such a stretch.

I spent the day out today (first time spending the whole day out in a week! cause I've been sick and, you know, pregnant) and wore my favorite tight (and now tighter) jeans. All I could think about since halfway through the day was going home and putting on my 'comfy pants'. I'm

going to have to buy more. I *did* go and buy my first maternity clothes today, though, which was kinda fun. I put on one of those tummy thingys to see what I'm going to look like when big. WOO! Took a little getting used to, for a first-timer. Made it get a bit realer.

#6; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:10:00 GMT
    • totally possible!!! I have a bladder condition and get pains in my bladder and cramping when i wear tight fitting pants.

looks like its time for a bigger size or the preggo pants!

#7; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:11:00 GMT
    • Thank you all :love I'm so glad I'm not imagining things!

I can't believe I'm going to have to break out the maternity clothes at 8 weeks! :irked: Last time I wore my regular clothes until 20 weeks!

#8; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:12:00 GMT
    • I've only been wearing stretchy yoga pants for a couple of wks now, the weird thing is I've not gained any weight, I don't even think my belly is any bigger, but I definitely do not like the feeling of anything tight on my nauseous gut.
      #9; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:13:00 GMT
    • I have almost ditched my jeans too. I wore some of my "fat" jeans the other day and everytime I sat down, I had to unbutton them. I am living in my stretchy velour yoga type pants most of the time now.
      #10; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:14:00 GMT
    • does anyone know the rubber band trick?? it will help get a few more weeks out of your jeans....take a thick rubber band and loop it through the button hole and hook it onto the button...will hold your pants up and give you some more room!
      #11; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:15:00 GMT
    • yeah, definitely not weird. I know my jans have been getting uncomfortable, and even this really thick elastic waistband is not great on the comfy pants I have.

ps, opening poster, we are due the same day. :)

#12; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:16:00 GMT
    • ps, opening poster, we are due the same day. :)

Yay! Bet I go first :wink

#13; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:17:00 GMT

Yeah, but that only works on my dress pants. My jeans are just way too tight for that to work on them.

Thanks for the tip though!

#14; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:18:00 GMT