Tags: addition, attendant, birth, causing, cramping, drugs, health, medications, mild, pants, pregnancy, spotting, tight, uterine
Am I crazy? Tight pants causing cramping?
All morning I was so worried because in addition to the spotting that's been going on for two weeks I had mild uterine cramping and attendant backache. Well, after lunch i decided my regular pre-pregnancy jeans (which were rather loose a few weeks ago) were just too uncomfortable and changed into nice stretchy yoga pants. Voila, discomfort stops. Within a few minutes.
How weird--or not weird--is that?
Leave a comment...
- 14 Comments
- I'd go with not wierd... I know if I'm wearing pants that are too tight, even when I'm not pregnant, I get crampy and uncomfortable (not to mention bitchy, but that's probably another thread...)..
PS. Glad you're here still!#1; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:05:00 GMT
- I'd say it's definitely possible. I feel 'yucky' when I try to bend over or move in my jeans...so I ditched them already! LOL#2; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:06:00 GMT
- Totally normal. I've given up my regular pants. I have one pair of looser low-waist pants left, then I'm going to have to break out the maternity...
-Angela#3; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:07:00 GMT
- OMG! I refuse to wear maternity pants at 8 weeks. I broke down and went and bought a couple pair of cotton pants cause my jeans were way uncomfortable.
We're going swimming tonight and I just realized I'm going to just look fat in my swimsuit.#4; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:08:00 GMT
- Years ago I found an article that discussed this condition. They called it "Tight Pants Syndrome." Honestly. I would get it once in a while too from the time I was a teenager on.#5; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:09:00 GMT
- I remember seeing a news program last year or something about how all these young women wearing the really tight low-waisted pants were having nerve issues causing sciatica-like back pain... Cramps doesn't seem like such a stretch.
I spent the day out today (first time spending the whole day out in a week! cause I've been sick and, you know, pregnant) and wore my favorite tight (and now tighter) jeans. All I could think about since halfway through the day was going home and putting on my 'comfy pants'. I'm
going to have to buy more. I *did* go and buy my first maternity clothes today, though, which was kinda fun. I put on one of those tummy thingys to see what I'm going to look like when big. WOO! Took a little getting used to, for a first-timer. Made it get a bit realer.#6; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:10:00 GMT
- totally possible!!! I have a bladder condition and get pains in my bladder and cramping when i wear tight fitting pants.
looks like its time for a bigger size or the preggo pants!#7; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:11:00 GMT
- Thank you all :love I'm so glad I'm not imagining things!
I can't believe I'm going to have to break out the maternity clothes at 8 weeks! :irked: Last time I wore my regular clothes until 20 weeks!#8; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:12:00 GMT
- I've only been wearing stretchy yoga pants for a couple of wks now, the weird thing is I've not gained any weight, I don't even think my belly is any bigger, but I definitely do not like the feeling of anything tight on my nauseous gut.#9; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:13:00 GMT
- I have almost ditched my jeans too. I wore some of my "fat" jeans the other day and everytime I sat down, I had to unbutton them. I am living in my stretchy velour yoga type pants most of the time now.#10; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:14:00 GMT
- does anyone know the rubber band trick?? it will help get a few more weeks out of your jeans....take a thick rubber band and loop it through the button hole and hook it onto the button...will hold your pants up and give you some more room!#11; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:15:00 GMT
- yeah, definitely not weird. I know my jans have been getting uncomfortable, and even this really thick elastic waistband is not great on the comfy pants I have.
ps, opening poster, we are due the same day. :)#12; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:16:00 GMT
- ps, opening poster, we are due the same day. :)
Yay! Bet I go first :wink#13; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:17:00 GMT
- does anyone know the rubber band trick?? it will help get a few more weeks out of your jeans....take a thick rubber band and loop it through the button hole and hook it onto the button...will hold your pants up and give you some more room!
Yeah, but that only works on my dress pants. My jeans are just way too tight for that to work on them.
Thanks for the tip though!#14; Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:18:00 GMT